MasterCard Lead Data Scientist in Prague, Czech Republic
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Data Scientist
SessionM, a Mastercard Company, is a customer engagement platform empowering global brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. We partner with brands to drive marketing transformation through innovative technology and services. We are headquartered in Boston with offices around the world.
Lead Data Scientist
• Responsible for developing data-driven innovative analytical solutions and identifying opportunities to support business and client needs in a quantitative manner and facilitate informed recommendations / decisions
• Activities include developing and creating predictive models, behavioral segmentation frameworks, profitability analyses, ad hoc reporting and data visualizations
• Leads complex initiatives and projects to derive insights from extracted data to solve critical business questions
• Translates client/ stakeholder needs into technical analyses and/or solutions in collaboration with internal and external partners and presents findings and outcomes to clients/ stakeholders
• Identify rich data sources and monitors the melding and cleaning of datasets to ensure consistency
• Accountable for delivering high quality project solutions and tools within agreed upon timelines and budget parameters and conducting post- implementation reviews
• Guides other to develop sophisticated multivariate models and analytic solutions (e.g., dashboards, prototypes) utilizing complex statistical and data science techniques and methods
• Delegates and reviews work for junior level colleagues to ensure downstream applications and tools are not compromised or delayed
• Serves as a technical coach for junior-level colleagues and develops technical talent via ongoing technical training, peer review etc.
• Demonstrated success when contributing accurate, technically innovative components for analytics/ product development projects
• Experience managing day-to-day cross-functional communications and collaboration to meet project deadlines
• Demonstrated success collaborating with clients and effectively communicating project outcomes, methodologies and considerations to key stakeholders
• Successful track record in independently conducting complex analyses and guiding junior team members through complex/ ambiguous issues
• Served as an expert resource or go-to person for a specific consulting tool(s), system(s), and/or application(s)
What is in it for You
• A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
• Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
• Confidence to take risks when we see potential
• Supportive, flexible work environment and a management team that empowers people
• 25 days of holidays, home office
• Work in a fast-paced, growing environment
• Multisport card to access sports facilities
• Education allowance
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133855