MasterCard Vice President, Market Enablement, Prepaid Management Services in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Market Enablement, Prepaid Management Services
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services (MPMS) is an established market leader in multi-currency prepaid travel programmes. Its success is built on long-standing relationships with many hundreds of distributor partners, including airlines, travel agencies, post offices, supermarkets and FX bureaux in over 20 markets around the world. In response to market opportunities, MPMS is increasingly evolving its business to target non-travel prepaid applications – notably gift, transit and gig disbursement solutions – delivered through an API-first, digitally enabled business model. At its core is the need to manage strategically important third party partners, pulling multiple specialist services together into a seamless experience for our customers and delivering value-added solutions for our cardholders.
The VP, Market Enablement role is responsible for managing a portfolio of strategically important components of the prepaid programme management value chain to deliver a best-in-class end-to-end customer experience. These include issuing, plastic card configuration and manufacture, card collateral production, KYC provision, gateway/acquiring services, and customer servicing capabilities (voice/email/chat) in key markets for MPMS globally. These are complex relationships with significant operational impact which MPMS needs to influence to run the business successfully. The business has an ongoing focus on driving process efficiencies, cost savings and executing new, innovative capabilities to expand MPMS’s reach in support of new product propositions through these partner relationships.
The role is responsible for managing, coaching and developing an experienced team of subject matter experts, based in Peterborough. Extensive and ongoing alignment with regional product/sales teams and other functional areas within MPMS, including Product Management, Operations & Servicing, Operations & Technology, Legal, Compliance, Fraud and Finance, is critical for the success of this position.
In addition to managing key strategic partners, this role also plays a key part in shaping business strategy by evaluating gaps in MPMS’s end-to-end programme management capability in key markets, developing practical plans to address. The role is also currently responsible for chairing the weekly “Deal Review Committee” at which prospective sales deals are assessed by the MPMS leadership team.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the day to day management of Wirecard and Travelex issuing relationships, covering existing operations in UK/Europe, Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Malawi and Zimbabwe. Responsible for setting issuing strategy globally and for onboarding of new BIN Sponsor and self-issuer partners
• Responsible for day to day management of card vendor relationships, including Gemalto, Idemia and AB Corp and enhancement of existing card delivery models in key markets, working closely with Mastercard PTS and specialist teams within Franchise/KMS. Responsible for ensuring all card collateral complies with Mastercard scheme and client requirements
• Responsible for the roll-out of Mastercard Digital ID eKYC solution in selected markets and continued optimisation of existing database-centred approach in markets such as UK, Australia
• Responsible for the day to day management of the Mastercard PGS relationship and selected acquiring relationships, including Lloyds Cardnet in UK/Ireland
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of our modularized CSR capability, including driving customer conversations, adoption and onboarding
• Developing and managing a quantifiable, consistent, and repeatable framework for evaluating potential new markets and the assessment of gaps in existing markets, including:
o Identify and evaluate potential areas of strategic growth for the MPMS business, working closely with local sales and product teams to understand key focus markets, based on opportunity size, product capability, regulatory environment, competition, etc.
o Determine time, cost and resources (including impact on key business partners such as legal) to close capability gaps, enabling objective discussion and cross-functional alignment on where to prioritise effort
• Responsible for chairing weekly “Deal Review Committee” and managing weekly “Change Board”, ensuring all stakeholders adhere to defined processes/governance for approving changes
• Responsible for managing a team of directors, managers and analysts. Provide coaching and professional development opportunities across all members of the team including regular exposure to senior management. In partnership with the SVP Product and fellow VPs, positively contribute to best practices across the wider Prepaid team, and drive a positive, collaborative and fun culture
• Strong experience in Prepaid, or payments industry / financial services experience
• Experience in strategy development, market development, business development, partner and/or supplier management, relationship management, negotiation are all highly desirable
• Structured and thoughtful approach. Willing to constructively challenge the status quo. Ability to distil complexity into concise key messages
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, proactively taking ownership to “get things done”. Willingness to provide “hands on” support when required, providing practical help in the occasional event of urgent operational issues. Calmness under pressure
• Experience in evaluating market opportunities, exploring target use cases and assessing practical implications (cost, resources, timescales, dependencies, etc) of delivering new capabilities
• Strong collaboration skills. Ability to work with and influence stakeholders at all levels to drive tasks to completion in a lead role, typically without direct authority
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence people across the organisation both F2F and virtually
• Pro-active, collaborative and dynamic operating style
• Experienced and resilient people leader
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-104450