MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Prepaid Management Services in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Product Management, Prepaid Management Services
Flexible Location (Canary Wharf, London or Access House, Peterborough).
The role holder will act as a Product Owner within Prepaid Management services, responsible for management and development of core travel solutions. The Prepaid Management Services business involves delivery of an end to end proposition to support the issuance, distribution and support for multi-currency travel prepaid cards. This business line can be separated into 2 distinct streams – core solutions where the capabilities are leveraged across multiple clients and custom solutions where the nature of the client activity and / or its integration mean that the capability is at least in part unique. The jobholder will be expected to manage the development of the core solution across the lifecycle, ensuring the evolving needs of the customer are met and the solution construct is common across as many markets and clients as possible. Specifically, this will include managing existing product lines. The role will also include identifying and cultivating product development opportunities, and working with partners (internal and external) to bring these to market as required.
• Identify and evaluate potential product enhancement and development opportunities by:
o Monitoring existing product performance via MI/KPIs and mystery shopping
o Reviewing market research and undertaking competitor analysis of potential products or product features
o Consulting relationship managers, other internal stakeholders and customers/partners
• Influence and drive product enhancements to delivery to fuel short and long term growth through:
o Validation of the product proposition, it’s value to the end customer and cost / pricing impacts – and product specification, describing the end to end requirements
o Collaboration with O&T colleagues to validate technical feasibility and estimated development costs, risks and impacts
o Collaboration with wider business operations, legal and compliance to establish the target operating model and understand any risks, headcount costs and overheads
o Creation of the business case, including key assumptions, business and product requirements and financial impacts
o Develop customer-ready communication materials to support validation discussions with clients and enable formal Issuer approvals
o Creation of detailed product features and acceptance criteria for sizing and prioritisation within our agile framework
o Support for development teams throughout development, with sign off of features against acceptance criteria through agile team demos and testing output
o Support definition of implementation requirements
• Ensure global relevance by adapting requirements and eventual solutions to different geographies, regions and partner needs. Work closely with global colleagues to drive economies of scale and common requirements as necessary
• Provide support and subject matter expertise on product related matters, assisting in customer pitches, supporting initial scoping and evaluations
• Strong experience in Prepaid, or payments industry / financial services experience
• Experience in digital payments channels such as mobile and ecommerce
• Background or experience in devising, creating and/or delivering products (and associated features) that enhance the end-user experience by leveraging emerging technologies and trends
• Strong collaboration skills with an ability to drive tasks to completion in a lead role
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence people across the organisation
• Pro-active, collaborative and dynamic operating style
• Good customer facing experience, working across multiple levels within an organisation
• Strong time management, project and organisational skills.
• React quickly to changing priorities and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
• Experience in digital payments channels such as mobile and ecommerce beneficial
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-59565