MasterCard Consultant, Enterprise Architecture in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Enterprise Architecture
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services provide end-to-end prepaid card solutions for clients and partners. We have an expanding and evolving technical platform that supports our global portfolio of prepaid card programmes. Delivering innovative prepaid payments is a technology business, and we are under the hood of many gift, travel and general purpose prepaid and payment products.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our business. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to bring together all of our technology assets to create new and innovative products to build our capabilities and our products. These could be new capabilities for our prepaid card processing system, mobile & web front-end applications or our API suite. The scope for the Architect will be broad, and may include infrastructure, software architecture and security domain engineering as well designing high-level end-to-end solutions. You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other teams across Mastercard to create new capabilities. The role will report to the lead Architect for Mastercard Prepaid Management Services and is based in Peterborough, UK.
Key themes: Visible Leadership, Technical Depth, and Proactivity
• Designing from the vision down to the application and infrastructure architecture level.
• Partnering with Product teams and other technology teams to contribute in setting technical strategy and roadmaps. Collaboration and initiative is key.
• Helping to transform our enterprise architecture.
• Pro-actively define new measures to meet business needs, improve efficient, and improve agility.
Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs.
• Initiating and leading ‘What if’, ‘What next’ and ‘Why not’ planning.
• Mentor and guide development teams across Mastercard Prepaid Management Services.
• Research current and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations.
• Initiation of Proof-of-Concept projects and drive innovative changes.
• Pre-sales support and solution consultancy to our business partners – occasional international travel may be required.
All About You
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a related field is desirable – Java, .NET, Web technologies, APIs, mobile apps, and/or large-scale enterprise applications.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile software engineering concepts and methodologies.
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• You must be able to inform and lead through your designs and documents.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools.
• Able to support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources.
• Are an enthusiastic ambassador for new technology.
• May come from a varied technical career background.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Experience in delivering solutions in the Financial Services sector, Airlines, Fintechs or Start-Ups.
• IT Architecture – experience in cloud migration, CI/CD, Web applications, Web services & API design
• Web application related technologies – Java, Spring Framework, .NET
• Security – Security Architecture, Security by design, vulnerability management
• Cloud and DevOps Architecture, especially via Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-65695