MasterCard Technical Project Manager in Pennsylvania
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Are you an Agile/Scrum Coach who has applied their skills toward successful program management? Do you enjoy leading technical programs to success and use an agilest mindset at heart? If this describes you and you want to work for a company that offers that opportunity, with above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives, then join us! Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development? Read on.
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
As part of the Engineering Operations Team, you will...
• Be supporting the strategic operational improvement processes across Engineering. As a part of the Engineering Operations team in a global Engineering organization, our team is responsible for cultivating an agile mindset in all team members where problems are embraced as welcomed opportunities to inspect, adapt and grow.
• Help in identifying and diagnosing process issues, rollout new process improvements that positively impact effectiveness across the company, and will be a point person to address team member questions on new processes as needed.
As an Agile Project Manager, you will…
• Conceptualize, rationalize, and drive program(s) to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model, while maintaining focus towards the business value of the completed program
• Manage and own the upkeep and accuracy of the program roadmap and communication, as well as manage expectations and communication around the timeline to stakeholders inclusive of engineering leadership, product and delivery team members, and others
• Monitor, escalate and assist in clearing program impediments, working with the product team, engineering product line leads, engineering leadership, and the Agile Portfolio Manager on solutions or escalation paths
As an Agile Coach, you will…
• Be a facilitator who encourages the scrum teams’ growth and maturity with using the agile framework, enabling them to solve problems and optimize best practices
• Support multiple distributed Scrum teams, utilizing scrum processes and techniques and helping to remove impediments
• Lead selected Scrum events according to the team needs and support the Scrum self-organizing principle
• Enable your teams to have positive and productive meetings by providing feedback, designing and facilitating them as requested or needed
• Identify and diagnose process issues and risks, perform periodic health checks and agile maturation and process improvement
• Provide trainings and coaching to your teams to support growth of their agility by making sure they are constantly improving and by influencing their habit changes that increase team performance at a sustainable pace
• Work closely with technical product owners, helping them to always focus on the highest-value items and assisting them in managing the expectations of the stakeholders
All about you
• Experience working in software development on a SaaS based solutions, with an understanding of the SDLC within a sprint-based agile methodology
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and teams with diplomacy, impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Strong change agent who can influence mindset and behaviors, including those of senior leaders, business teams, architects, engineers and product managers
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy toward shared goals
• Passionate about Agile principles and are excited to embed them across the organization
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humour, humility and the ability to convey this through the work that you do
• Facilitate agile process knowledge and benefits to team members
• Help the team understand reports and productivity metrics so that the KPIs are utilized to inform and improve
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, supporting planning, and and help identify risks and mitigation in sprints and releases
• When working on programs, enjoy diving deep to understand the capabilities and underlying technologies associated with the program, as well as understanding and supporting the business value that this program will bring to the organization
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and product management
• Team-player mentality: you put your team first and are willing and able to do anything to help your team and your peers succeed
• Demonstrate constant curiosity and desire to learn new things
• Periodically and cyclically sit in on certain scrum team ceremonies to guide and as a checkpoint on utilizing of established foundational best practices
• Instruct team members on using Agile tools, inclusive of experience using Atlassian (Jira, Confluence)
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124497