MasterCard Manager, Strategy Consulting in Paris, France
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Strategy Consulting
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
All About the Role
Working with Mastercard’s clients on their premises to:
• obtain data from multiple sources, collate, analyse and triangulate information to develop reliable fact bases
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize analysis into clear, sound recommendations;
• Create and maintain the ‘Programme Management Office’ for the launch of a new corporate card and major card upgrade projects
• Structure and prepare draft reports and steering committee presentations that require minimal editing
• Confidently deliver presentations to internal and external clients
• Plan, organize and structure own work and that of Analysts to manage time and effort effectively within project budget / profitability expectations
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Support MasterCard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development effort
All About You
• Demonstrable consulting skills or equivalent business management experience and internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional level French language capability
• Understanding of French banking and payments market
• Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
• Strong presence & communication skills – both interpersonal & written
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152242