MasterCard Manager, Business Development B2B Partnerships in Paris, France
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development B2B Partnerships
Manager, Business Development B2B Partnerships
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard has a vision to build a leadership position as the only truly multi-rail payments technology company and Europe is at the forefront in defining and executing this multi-rail strategy. Commercial payments are a large opportunity for Mastercard. And this role will further develop and grow our commercial products and solutions through partnerships in this specific B2B Ecosystem.
• The Business Development Partnership is part of the Western Europe Business Development Team, focusing on the development of Mastercard’s B2B vertical and growth of core and new products to drive new volumes with B2B ecosystem partners like Procure-2-Pay Platforms and other Technology Providers adding value to the B2B payment process.
• In alignment with specific local market and customer needs, he or she will focus on expanding Mastercard B2B solutions footprint via existing and new B2B Partners focusing on driving incremental volumes.
• This person will work closely with Customers, Account Managers and Product managers throughput the organization. Driving the process to manage B2B Partnerships and identify new opportunities, this person will be leveraging specific Mastercard B2B Products and Platforms to grow the customer’s and Mastercard’s revenues, while meeting strategic Product and Sales objectives.
• Build a strong understanding of the products and services of key B2B service providers that are relevant for Western European Issuers and Corporates and establish a direct relationship with them.
• Participate in forums and webinars and represent Mastercard at events dedicated to B2B Payments.
• Build in-depth B2B vertical insight, including understanding of value-chain players, (end-) customer pain points, payment flows, payments-related data journeys and growth opportunities to enable Mastercard to be more relevant in this space.
• Design business cases with validated customer needs and strong test-to-scale plans. Create clear and compelling B2B value narratives for internal alignment and external engagement.
• Partner with Product, Enterprise Partnership, B2B Sales and Account Management teams to share market intelligence, opportunities, and best practices.
• Grow and Coordinate Mastercard’s B2B Partnership Ecosystem with strong value propositions for the different stakeholders involved, help sell to (end-) customers, coordinate the Go-2-Market plans and as a result increase sustainable revenues and pipeline flow.
• Experience in Business Development, preferably in (procurement) technology or payments industry for business-to-business solutions or services
• Excellent Relationship Management Skills
• An outside-in thinker that is passionate about developing customer-centric solutions
• Superior skills in analyzing buyer-supplier relationships, economics, and business needs in complex industry verticals and/or value chains
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to articulate solutions and value propositions to senior management level stakeholders and (end-) customers
• Fluent in English, additional European languages are a plus.
• Western Europe B2B market dynamic knowledge
• Experience in launching partnerships and scale into multiple regions
• Strong collaborator, ability to build strong relationships with sales and account management teams in a highly cross-functional environment
• Ability to manage multifaceted projects; focus on delivering results
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163422