MasterCard Director, Solution Engineering in Paris, France
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Solution Engineering
• MasterCard Loyalty & Engagement provides a range of products and services for our partners to create compelling loyalty propositions that drive the acquisition of new customers while cultivating a long-term positive relationship.
• Our propositions focus on Rewards and Offers solutions within both Merchant and Financial verticals provide great value to consumers, incremental revenue and long lasting relationships for our partners.
• Sitting within Data & Services, Sales and Servicing the role is focused on the full suite of loyalty products and services including SessionM (Merchant Loyalty), Pay with Rewards, Issuer Rewards, Promotions, Merchant Funded Offers, and Card Linked Services.
• This role will focus on leveraging your technical expertise and expert knowledge of Mastercard platforms to design and document effective and efficient solutions
• Are you passionate about Loyalty and enjoy creating and delivering impactful programs that deliver measurable results for all stakeholders?
• Are you able to balance effectively the challenges of longer term, strategic developments alongside delivering excellent day to day service and performance?
• Do you excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment?
Sitting within the EMEA region, the role will lead solution engineering for Western Europe and MEA across Issuer Loyalty products. Solution Engineers are responsible for the technical evaluation and functional aspects of the product or service. They are sales savvy, have high technical acumen, and a detailed working knowledge of the products. They understand the industry they operate in and the problems faced by prospects and customers. The Solution Engineer is the primary trusted technical advisor and solution designer for the sales team, helping to ensure our customers are delivered the right solution and have an exceptional experience throughout the entire process.
• The Subject Matter Expert on Loyalty Product suite supporting customer/prospect solutioning in partnership with Loyalty Sales Specialist.
• Lead product Demos and client technical discovery. Providing technical responses to RFIs/RFPs, consultations, sales calls and meetings.
• Understand and identify all points of integration, asking probing questions to understand requirements.
• Design and document effective and efficient solutions setting up customer for success by proactively uncovering and addressing any technical roadblocks.
• Coordinate alignment and approval across stakeholders of proposed technical solution including level of effort and product readiness (global/regional)
• Ensure a seamless transition and handoff from pre-sales to delivery.
• Partner with Product teams to gain and document customer insights, local competitive intelligence, enabling regional go to market execution and informing product roadmap / strategy.
All About You
• Knowledge of rewards, marketing, and/or loyalty platforms
• Experience working with financial institutions and/or with performance-based marketers (MarTech or AdTech)
• Strong leadership skills and abilities
• Balance between execution ability (get things done) and creative ability (coming up with the right solution)
• Strong skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and creating effective product/service solutions
• Team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Comfortable in a customer facing role, meeting with senior leadership, product managers, technical teams, and large audiences.
• Combination of technical competence, business skills and a consumer marketing mindset
• Technical background with understanding of web technology, APIs and security. Experience working with product and/or engineering teams a plus
• Experience working in multiple geographic markets with an understanding of market entry and expansion considerations. Willingness to travel – up to 50% during peak times.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios; someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128368