MasterCard Market Development - Northern Triangle in Panama City, Panama
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Market Development - Northern Triangle
The Manager, Business Development role focuses on aligning Mastercard’s product, service, and ecosystem capabilities to solve for financial inclusion & digitization challenges that all stakeholders face today. We do this by engaging, listening, and leading. Our team is comprised of industry leaders, relationship builders and deal closers. We apply Mastercard’s digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success.
This role is at the heart of our intent to scale our business across El Salvador to drive revenue, market relevance and social impact. With focus on the Northern Triangle initiative in Central America, implement sales plan designs to include business development, marketing and product management activities with prospects and internal Mastercard contacts to identify new business opportunities and product ideas.
The Manager, Government Engagement is accountable for:
• Develop and execute an individual territory plans, especially in El Salvador, that demonstrates the ability to grow business
• Provide consultative industry and Mastercard insights in alignment with segment specialty for assigned territory
• Develop financial modeling and business cases for identified opportunities, as well as coordinate contract development with local Government and other parties involved.
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing.
• Work closely with a large diverse team to achieve revenue targets and increase market share within a defined territory.
• The support in the development of the go to market strategy, including a list of prioritized client and solution opportunities, a relationship heat map, and detailed view of the revenue opportunity and a market engagement plan
• Orchestrating Mastercard’s engagements within the market (noncommercial, pre-commercial and commercial), engaging national, regional, or local entities
• Direct engagement on key sales opportunities across the market including government, issuer, acquiring, fintech & NGO clients.
• Develop a solid projects pipeline, drive conversion over time (year 1 and 2) and secure revenues (from year 3 onwards)
• Directly engage market stakeholders to influence strategic decisions (building relevance) and to develop lines of sight into new revenues
• Securing global, regional, and local resources to execute on the opportunities and drive marquee wins. Develop scalable revenue models at market level, when appropriate
• Support the building and curation of a local, internal community of practice. Act as first line of support for country manager
All About You
• Integrity, taking bold initiative, accountability, sense of urgency, and cross functional teamwork capability
• A proven leader who takes a disciplined approach to deliver complex projects
• Experience working on business development at scale, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging senior market leaders to build durable relations.
• Experience in agile project management, MVP delivery & scaling
• Experience in product development or marketing or B2B sales
• Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication, and transparency of purpose. Ability to skillfully lead complex country wide initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical, and cultural lines.
• Fluency in Spanish and English is required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142703