MasterCard Communication Sr. Specialist, Central America in Panama City, Panama
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Communication Sr. Specialist, Central America
• Generalists responsible for executing regional, divisional, country, or line of business specific communication plans; internal and external
• Leads execution of strategies related to external, internal, public affairs and regulatory communications for a country/cluster of countries, or business area
• Leads the creation of communication materials for internal and external audiences (e.g., customers, regulators, merchants, media, employees and sales force) and implements communication activities within own region/country or business area
• Works collaboratively with Worldwide Communications team to implement online communications and work collaboration tools
• Establish tracking tools, measure and analyze data for continuous improvement of internal communications systems and programs
• Ability to determine the right media mix to use in support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
• Leads implementation of internal and external communications related to philanthropic programs to increase awareness and drive employee engagement
• Networks with stakeholders (e.g., communication departments of banks, consumer unions, merchants, media partners, community leaders and governments )
• Serves as a trusted counselor on issues related to communications, executive briefings materials and developing messages/communications training
• Leads projects with agencies and consultants to develop communications plans, materials and events, on a day-to-day basis
All About You
• Demonstrated experience and success in delivering and assisting in the development of local Communications programs
• Demonstrated success in leveraging knowledge of industry to create differentiated communications content for multiple channels
• Experience supporting senior leaders representing Mastercard at high profile business conferences and speaking engagements
• Some years’ experience in Public Relations or Journalism, working in-house or in agencies
• Desired experience in Government affairs and Corporate Communications.
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and ability to work with both internal and external constituencies
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137218