MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
• Significant advanced code development, code review and modest day-to-day support duties
• Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
• IT experience including being involved in IT projects on a full time basis
• Able to mentor peers and guide less experienced Team members
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144544