MasterCard Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The DB Service Delivery team is looking for an Oracle DBA to manage our databases, with a goal to deliver secure, scalable and resilient infrastructure and software deployment capability for global solutions. Provide administration of production, pre-production, UAT and development database systems and assist in designing of the database tier for our global payments solution. Provide a robust, scalable and high performance production database environment working with system engineers, database developers and other database administrator.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the Oracle technologies and the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Responsible for installation, configuration, creation and administration of Databases
• Implement proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience
• Work as an SME, providing guidance for the best utilization of the database technology
• Configure and manage replication.
• Undertake periodic upgrades of database schema and perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades
• Support the installation and configuration of Databases for high availability
• Work on maintaining database security (roles, privileges, and authentication)
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures and best practice guides for database deployment and maintenance
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
• Work with development and other support teams to participate in release and change management processes to implement new features/functions as well apply mandatory patches or upgrades
• Given the nature of the organization and the environment, the role may require out of standard hours work to minimize downtimes occasionally.
• Database Technologies include (but not limited to): Oracle, Goldengate, Dataguard, Oracle Enterprise Manager
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Strong working knowledge of databases
• Strong understanding of security standards and best practices
• In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management, database reorganization, backup and recovery, performance optimization, monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits)
• Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
• Strong knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
• Strong understanding of DB architecture and providing technical leadership to large and complex systems
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Experience working on cloud hosted services like AWS
Experience in Database Technologies Include (not limited to):, Oracle RAC, GoldenGate, DataGuard, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent trouble shooting skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-134147