MasterCard Regulatory Compliance Officer, in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Regulatory Compliance Officer,
Mastercard’s Global Regulatory team’s role includes managing and delivering upon regulatory compliance obligations for the purpose of mitigating the impact of regulation on the company’s profitability and growth potential. This newly created position will play a key role in supporting the strategic development and implementation of regulatory infrastructure and the compilation of regulatory submissions within the Mastercard Europe region. This position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Regulatory Compliance, based in Waterloo (Belgium) and the VP Global Regulatory Operations based in Purchase (US). This position is part of the Global Regulatory team from a functional perspective and the European legal team from a regional perspective.
At Mastercard we are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Ethics and Compliance are at the core of our company values and are essential to both the personal success of every Mastercard employee and to the success of the company. The Regulatory Compliance Officer, will be responsible for managing, strengthening, extending and sustaining a successful regulatory compliance program particularly in relation to the business in the Nordics. Relevant to this will be regulatory oversight and supervision at national level and how this fits with Mastercard’s broader pattern of regulation as a global business. The successful candidate will support regulatory compliance activities for Mastercard Payment Services Infrastructure (Norway) AS and Mastercard Payment Services Norway AS. The successful candidate and will work cross-functionally with his / her Mastercard colleagues within the domestic business and within the global structure including, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Human Resources, Finance, Public Policy, Privacy/Data Usage, Global Ethics and Compliance and Internal Audit.
• Support the VP Regulatory Operations and Senior Managing Counsel in the Global Regulatory compliance strategy
• Reporting and self-assessment in respect of supervised business
• Oversee execution of regulatory compliance processes and controls within the business in the Nordics and the broader EUR region as needed
• Support the use of the global regulatory compliance tools and framework
• Manage the compliance assurance monitoring program to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory obligations. Conduct regular compliance gap analysis of internal controls to ensure compliance with various applicable laws. Recommend and implement remedial actions and improvements
• Produce and maintain relevant regulatory compliance policies and procedures
• Strengthen the compliance infrastructure within the business to ensure the business makes informed risk-based decisions regarding new opportunities, markets, local initiatives and product and service offerings and that appropriate compliance processes and controls are developed, documented, implemented and maintained
• Review and assess new business projects and design of compliance controls to ensure adherence to company policy and procedures; delivery appropriate solutions to ensure robust and appropriate compliance controls are implemented
• Preparation of submissions and returns to regulators ensuring accuracy and completeness and submission in line with required deadlines
• Lead regulatory change management process including impact assessment and development of internal controls
• Experience of maintaining regulatory status with periodic filings and event-driven filings such as change of control and change of standing data
• Produce regular Management Information for management and other internal stakeholders
• Act as an escalation point for regulatory compliance queries from other business areas
• Provide regulatory compliance guidance and act as a role model for proper conduct for other business areas
• Ensure management is adequately trained on applicable compliance requirements, regulations, and responsibilities for internal controls
• Review marketing materials and documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
• Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
• Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
• Recognised compliance qualification
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working on regulatory compliance programmes within a Norwegian financial institution and/or payment system
• Knowledge of and understanding of payment system regulation and experience of compliance requirements in respect of financial market infrastructure or critical service providers
• Ability to understand regulations and regulatory guidance, assess the impact and develop practical operational procedures to ensure ongoing compliance
• Experience of executing regulatory compliance programs, including design, implementation, and oversight of controls
• Good understanding of core pillars of effective regulatory compliance programmes
• Critical problem-solving ability
• Project management skills
• Flexibility and ability to work in a matrix environment
• Strong business acumen and solutions orientated
• Risk management and internal controls focused
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-133049