MasterCard Principal Software Engineer / Domain Lead, Global Bill Pay in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer / Domain Lead, Global Bill Pay
We are searching for an experienced developer/architect able to take ownership and provide leadership of one of our domains within Global BillPay. In this role, you’ll be a part of a high priority growth area working with a highly autonomous team.
Our Oslo office has 100+ skilled engineers working on Bill Pay applications used both nationally and internationally, forming part of an open and sharing community that supports your own development. Since hybrid working is now the norm in Mastercard this position can be based either out of our Oslo or London office.
In addition to your technical skills you should have a passion for agile practices and continuous improvements, as well as good communication and ideally some people management skills since this role will be part of our Global BillPay engineering leadership team.
Your professional qualifications include 10 + years of relevant experience, with knowledge of our tech stack including:
· Experience with Java, Spring, Maven and Hibernate.
· Experience with databases and SQL.
· Experience with development of REST-based APIs.
· Experience with Git, Jenkins, Maven.
· Experience with Linux/UNIX is an advantage
· Experience with data-intensive applications solutions with demand of high accessibility and distributed systems
· Experience with agile development processes (E.g. Scrum, Kanban)
· Experience with test-driven development and agile processes together with tools as jUnit, Fitnesse, Confluence and Jira
Among your personal qualities, we are looking for:
· Passion to act as a senior member of the team and take responsibility for your own development
· Ability to express thoughts clearly in verbal and written communications with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior management
· Ability to understand complex systems and events with external dependencies
· Ability to see areas of improvements and suggest suitable solutions
· Ability to mentor and develop other team members
· Eagerness to always learn more and share knowledge with others
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165201