MasterCard Employment Legal Counsel (6-12 month FTC) in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Employment Legal Counsel (6-12 month FTC)
The appointed person will be part of the Europe regional legal team. The team oversees the general legal and regulatory needs of the Europe region which covers 56 countries.
The appointed person will be a key legal business partner of the People & Capabilities (“P&C”) team, providing employment law support to MPS’ P&C team dedicated to Norway and Denmark. The function reports into a Region Counsel. The appointed person will be expected to make a significant contribution to the successful integration of Mastercard Payment Services (“MPS”) in both Denmark and Norway. The position is based in Denmark or Norway and is a 6-12 month FTC.
• Assist the P&C team throughout the post-acquisition life cycle with employment law support regarding People & Capabilities related matters for MPS in Norway and Denmark, including the interpretation, implementation and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
•Support the P&C team to provide direction and delivery related to organizational design, talent acquisition, succession management, talent management and development, employee relations matters, resource planning, compensation and benefits, and performance management whilst applying your knowledge of local laws and regulations
• Support the P&C team to ensure alignment and implementation of Mastercard’s HR strategies, policies and programmes, and create and deliver cost effective HR solutions for complex business issues
All About You
• Law degree in law either in Denmark or Norway, or ideally both.
• Specialization in employment in Denmark and/or Norway.
• Ideally experience of working through an acquisition in collaboration with HR teams
• Experience of unions and collective bargaining agreements
• Demonstrated success supporting the delivery of corporate HR programs/processes (e.g., talent management, year-end compensation planning)
• Demonstrated success when consulting with leaders and other stakeholders on the local HR issues
• Experience building relationships and collaborating with other key stakeholders
• Demonstrates strategic agility, sets priorities in line with business requirements
• Openly promotes leadership and cooperation across the organization; actively works to remove barriers to collaboration; works effectively across international boundaries and through a matrix environment
• Works well within a team environment and inspires a high level of accountability, drive and motivation
• Possesses strong influencing skills and demonstrates exceptional issue management skills; uses a variety of techniques and methods to reach win/win solutions
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Decisive and leads by example; demonstrates courage and serves as a role model for the MasterCard Values
• Drives for results; encourages decisions, processes and outcomes of the highest quality
• Acts as an agent of change
• Partner focused results and solution orientation, with the ability to drive and manage change and work through adversity and ambiguity
• Proven abilities in planning, organizing, monitoring (following-up), facilitation skills, managing conflict and motivating teams (where there are no direct reports) and have the ability to inspire trust and confidence in all colleagues they come in contact with
• Fluent in English, Norwegian and Danish
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133081