MasterCard BizOps - Director - in Oslo, Norway
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
BizOps - Director -
The Mastercard Payment Services Team is looking for a “BizOps Director” who will be based in Oslo – Norway and will be directly reporting to a VP in London - UK. Some periodic travel between offices spread out in different locations and countries might be required.
Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
Are you experienced in ITIL standards and “Service Event Management” practices?
Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
“Business Operations” is leading the DevOps and operational transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product & engineering organizations. In parallel with our constant dedication on operational excellence, we are also highly focused on identifying any potential technical/operational risks, reporting them for awareness and following them up for mitigation.
We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across multiple departments to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
You can also check the following link for more information about BizOps :
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with other technical teams to design, build, implement, and support technology services. Business operations teams ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience and increase the overall value of supported applications.
Ultimately, the role of Biz Ops is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to all our stakeholders on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
• Involve in knowledge transfer sessions for new systems/platforms/applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns.
• Align product and customer focused priorities with operational needs to protect the platform and customer experience.
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience and increase the overall value of supported applications.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Involve in incident management and resolution activities (7/24/365) when needed.
• Ensure any new products or product enhancements have the appropriate operational support structure to deliver advertised business outcomes.
• Ensure any documented service commitments are monitored and appropriate mitigation steps taken to restore or maintain service commitments.
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products. Shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover.
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Share knowledge and mentor junior colleagues.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Extensive experience in ITIL standards, service event management activities and application development lifecycle.
• Proven track record in supporting production applications to facilitate change and incident activities.
• Experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices, “Build” & “Run” activities.
• Understanding algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to identify, optimize and automate routine tasks.
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
• Interest in understanding, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and resolve differences through thought-leadership and partnership.
• Experience in customer support and delivery roles.
• Experience with defining and delivering on long term strategies.
• Experience with financial oversight.
• Experience with financial and process efficiencies.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124211