MasterCard VP, Reliability Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
VP, Reliability Engineering
The Vice President, Enterprise Monitoring will be responsible for setting the vision and leading the new AIOps and EM team within the Technology Operations division. Core function of the team is to define and drive the strategy to leverage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities to provide early detection of potential issues, reduce mean time to restore, and implement intelligent automation and self-healing capabilities to reduce/prevent incidents before they occur.
• Defines and drives Alerting and Monitoring strategy and road map planning, working across Tech Ops, BizOps and development teams and influences the direction of external teams.
• Identifies opportunities to leverage AI capabilities for efficiencies and cost reductions
• Partners with technology stakeholders to prioritize top opportunities and transform large volumes of operational data into solutions using creative, cutting edge methods/technologies.
• Defines and tracks relevant KPIs and other metrics to validate the value delivered via implemented AI and machine learning solutions.
• Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Execution with precision and working with other engineering teams across the organization to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time and on budget
• Considered a thought leader and expert in Enterprise Monitoring or related function as well as experience in related software/engineering disciplines
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decision
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127750