MasterCard Vice President, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Software Engineering
Leads major projects and creates the development and delivery of quality software solutions, in a timely and cost effective manner. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications. Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, quantify costs, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions. Develop business case in alignment with the MasterCard objectives. Lead scenario planning process and creation, validation and review of estimates, costs and benefits. Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Perform detailed platform analyses and Proofs of Concepts (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization. Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department. Lead creation of roadmaps that align with the department strategy and long term business vision and objectives. Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing via brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project. Plan overall project scope as well as define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions. Create solution definition and solution architecture. Assist management in business case development and scenario planning leading to an effective decision making process. Make presentations to management, business owners and other stakeholders.
• Lead the planning, design and development of advanced technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard and industry standards, processes and best practices
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility studies, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates
• Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department, employing ITIL standards. Ensure compliance to quality methodology and development of quality metrics by the team. Create guidelines, processes and standards to ensure high overall quality of product and incident free deployment.
• Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation is in use by the team. Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of artifacts throughout the solution development lifecycle.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies. Experience with software engineering methodologies is highly desirable.
• Proven track record in selection and implementation of methodologies with focus on Lean methodology, delivery of High Efficiency Solutions leading to productivity gains is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Experience in vendor relationship management, vendor selection, RFI/RFP process, SOW is highly desired.
• Proven ability to embody MC Leadership Principles.
• Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• Experience in operations environment is highly desirable.
• Must be detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment. Possess the ability to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Demonstrate ability to organize, manage, plan and control several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Must display strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and leadership and relationship skills with ability to influence others without having direct authority.
• Proven ability to sell solutions, persuade cross-functional group, garner support for solutions and bring group to a consensus and strong ability in collection and formulation of data, development of Metrics and dashboard reporting.
• Ability to support variable work hours generally associated with offshore time-zone constraints and production incidents as needed.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-64578