MasterCard Vice President, Database Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Database Engineering
• Responsible for defining and maintaining the database architecture and associated data maintenance, integration and load processes for the organization
• Oversees the development and selection of containers and platforms, including cloud platforms, for Mastercard's database infrastructure, providing consultative advice and recommendations for technology selections based on capabilities, potential, and cost analysis
• Provides consultation cross-functionally on database solutions required to support Mastercard's applications
• Oversees database platform security posture, which includes proactively identifying security risks and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Oversees process development improvement initiatives, identifying efficiencies and opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment
• Performs financial planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently
• Manages teams, conducts goal setting and performance appraisal processes, coaches and develops employees as an organizational resource
• Successfully led complex cross-functional domain initiatives, expected to provide technology leadership and resolve bottlenecks
• Successful track record leading global database technology domains and sub-domains, expected to oversee the design and implementation for global quality and consistency, understanding the financial and technological impact of these designs
• Successfully led or participated in a major automation and/or cloud delivery effort, including weighing financial ramifications with leadership
• Proven ability to analyze technologies for inclusion in the Mastercard roadmap
• Extensive experience driving process improvement initiatives for automation optimization and/or reduction in cost and time to deployment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128945