MasterCard Vice President, Accounting Services in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Accounting Services
Lead the accounting function within the Mastercard Global Business Services Center (GBSC), including but not limited to: accounts receivable, fixed assets, reconciliations, journal entries, settlement accounting, intercompany, cash, revenue, expense, rebate and incentives, collateral and bank administration. Drive ongoing operational improvements and performance management in a cost effective global service delivery model. Collaborate and manage global relationships across multiple functional areas, third party providers and regional customers.
• Ensure the preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely journal entries and accruals, analysis of account variances, and general accounting activities performed in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S. GAAP, Non-US statutory (where applicable), and regulatory (where applicable) requirements.
• Partner with Corporate Controller and Technical Accounting in support of account analysis, reporting and close functions.
• Set and communicate the vision, goals and objectives for the accounting function that are aligned with and supportive of MasterCard’s strategy and business unit plans and objectives.
• Lead continuous reviews of existing accounting processes and performance metrics to assess operational efficiency and to ensure that processes meet the present and anticipated needs of business units, Worldwide Finance, and other stakeholders.
• Lead development and implementation of process improvements to the accounting function to improve operational efficiency and quality of output.
• Ensure financial systems are meeting the needs of the accounting function, and identify and escalate risks and system requirements as appropriate.
• Develop a working understanding of current and emerging product lines, services, and programs.
• Conduct capacity analysis planning to ensure that the GBSC accounting function’s resources (e.g., technology, people) are sufficient to meet customer needs and are not excessive in light of projected demand.
• Establish, manage and monitor Service Level Objectives/Agreements with business units and Worldwide Finance, and ensure requirements are met or exceeded.
• Oversee development, implementation and maintenance of cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk (financial, operational, legal, regulatory, etc.) and maintain appropriate segregation of duties.
• Ensures access to data, information and systems is appropriately authorized in accordance with MasterCard policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the GBSC accounting function is appropriately staffed, trained and managed in a captive and non-captive service delivery model
• Manage, coach, develop and complete objective-setting and performance evaluations for GBSC accounting leadership.
• Advise GBSC senior leadership on opportunities and risk
All About You:
• This position requires a globally experienced and highly collaborative individual who will effectively establish and manage global relationships across multiple organizations and functional areas, third party providers and regional teams.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of experience and formal education
• CPA preferred
• Well-honed influencing skills. Demonstrated success in partnering across a global organization at multiple levels and business units. Proven ability to build credibility and drive collaboration
• Demonstrated leadership in complex situations and viewed as a credible subject matter expert in shared services, operations, process measurement, project management and people leadership
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-65737