MasterCard UX Researcher in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Labs is looking for a brilliant and passionate user experience researcher to join its customer-facing global innovation services team - Labs as a Service. Mastercard Labs as a Service is a rapid-prototyping, piloting, and innovation design services team, working with Mastercard’s global customer base of Fortune 500 companies, and spanning all aspects of global commerce.
In this role you will be a key member of a highly agile and expert team of innovation strategists, developers and designers working to build and test conceptual prototypes and quick-to-market pilots. You will lead quantitative and qualitative research efforts as part of our client delivery team and conduct market research and analysis in support of our business initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a world-class innovation team, dynamically solving real-world customer problems, and delivering transformational product and service solutions focused on globally trending topics and issues.
• Be a UX Research SME for the LaaS team and our stakeholders - act as a trusted & expert advisor for all research activities, establish qual and quant research best practices, help evolve and solidify our service offering, and recommend the best approach and methods to achieve the research goals.
• Be a UX Research SME for LaaS clients – educate clients on UX Research methods and best practices with confidence and expertise, field questions knowledgeably and openly, and understand and advocate for user-centered design and design-thinking methodologies.
• Conduct qualitative research, selecting the best approach and methods for the research goals, including but not limited to: focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic/contextual interviews or inquiry, concept testing and/or usability testing. You’ll plan and execute the research, work with any 3rd parties, synthesize and analyze the data, and compile a report of the findings and insights, presenting them in a meaningful and engaging way to clients and stakeholders.
• Conduct quantitative research, selecting the best approach and methods for the research goals, including but not limited to: surveys & questionnaires. You’ll plan and execute the research, work with any 3rd parties, synthesize & analyze the data, and compile a report of the findings and insights, presenting them in a meaningful and engaging way to clients and stakeholders.
• Provide additional research support as needed by the team, including responsibilities such as: market research & analysis, competitor analysis, exploring new research tools and methods, creating resource/template libraries, and providing research training and mentoring to other team members.
• Be an open thinker and collaborative team member. Work closely with clients and stakeholders to understand their users, business needs, goals of the project, and how your work fits into the larger picture. Freely share your knowledge, time, and energy with the team as we work together to deliver value to our clients in a high performing, challenging and engaging environment.
• Some travel will be required (post-COVID), up to 20-30%. Willingness to travel is a must, desire to travel is a plus.
• Strong experience in a UX Researcher role.
• Strong experience creating high quality research artifacts such as screeners, discussion guides, test plans, and findings reports.
• Strong experience synthesizing and analyzing data using various methods to ensure accurate data collection and representation, and to generate deep and meaningful insights.
• Strong experience presenting research findings and explaining research concepts in an expert and engaging way to stakeholders and clients.
• Experience working closely with designers and product teams, and ability to help drive consensus amongst differing viewpoints.
• Ability to work quickly and independently, and to accept feedback, direction, and shifting priorities graciously.
• Experience with common UX research methods and tools, including remote and in-person moderation using tools ranging from lean (Zoom/WebEx) to more robust (UserZoom, UserTesting, etc.)
• Experience with design thinking or other innovation/user experience design and ideation methodologies and techniques a plus.
• Experience conducting research on mobile applications, and/or other tech channels such as AI, conversational experiences (chat/voice), wearables, touch screen displays, payment devices, or retail a plus.
• Experience creating and/or using a variety of design artifacts, for example personas, journey maps, user flows, scenarios, storyboards, sketches, and wireframes a plus.
• Visual design skills, especially presentations, a plus.
• Experience in both start-up and corporate environments a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125277