MasterCard Technical Writer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical documentation expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you is right in your pocket! Digital Identity is a digital wallet for holding personally identifiable information, such as Driver's License and Passport. Digital Identity ensures you are in control of your information and will only release it upon your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset, and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
• Create client facing documentation for API products, as part of creating a top notch developer experience.
• Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
• Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
• Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
• Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor's degree
• Industry experience as an effective technical writer
• Experience working with engineering to document an API, with an eye for optimizing how a developer would interact with the documentation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
• Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-158683