MasterCard Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Program Manager
Are you a technical program manager who wants to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development? If the answer is YES, come join us!
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility, and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be.
The Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) is a suite of on-behalf services (OBS) that supports the management, generation, and provisioning of digital payment credentials into mobile devices and ecommerce channels to enable simpler, more secure digital payment experiences. The MDES team is currently breaking up our monolithic platform and rearchitecting into reusable micro-services while we continue to innovate and deliver results for our customers. We are looking for experienced technical program management professionals to join our team and help us build towards the future by constantly innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
Our TPMs conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple, simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our Scrum execution model. In this role, you may drive the execution of a feature through the full stack or may drive a project which spans multiple teams and integrations, reporting meaningful status along the way.
As a Lead TPM, you should be able to:
• Work across teams to organize and accelerate delivery by ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner, identifying and removing blockers, and always finding the path forward in challenging situations.
• Understand the business strategy and design approaches within product, program, or domain with depth to be credible and effective with teams you work with. Act as first point of contact for your team or area and the source of truth for status, providing the right information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time.
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
• Proactively manage all dependencies, ensuring all outputs are production ready at time of launch.
• Proactively identify risks & issues and ensure mitigation efforts are being carried out throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Keep abreast of evolving technology landscape. Can ask the right questions to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of designs (scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.).
• Work with ambiguity and with limited guidance – able to get the inertia out and the project in motion.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy.
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms’ capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with, and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization.
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model.
• BS in engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
• Technical program delivery experience including time developing and testing software.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150107