MasterCard Technical Program Manager (TPM) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technical Program Manager (TPM)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Payment Gateway Services team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion related to a known technology, product, or program
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Work with 1-2 scrum teams (you may be embedded within the scrum team or your work may be cross-cutting across products, multiple scrum teams, and/or technologies)
• Get guidance from peers and/or your manager as you ramp into the space and build your technical and domain expertise
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing delivery approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
• Learn how to negotiate features and associated priority and help the team and their customers reach consensus
• Collaborate with engineering managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and establish delivery milestones
• Figure out the sequencing of the work so that engineering execution can be optimized
• Identify blocking issues and manage their resolution
• Manage project communications, and may be the first point of contact for the team
• Run effective meetings
• Clearly articulate scope, timelines, dependencies, owners, actions, risks, and mitigations
• Own project communications and ensure the right information about the status of a project is delivered to the right audience at the right time
• Have good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems involved with your projects. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, Mastercard customer's experience, Mastercard's back office systems, the technical stack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Understand the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Understand your team's technologies and are able to evaluate system designs and architecture as you participate in solution discussions
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
• Identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127797