MasterCard Tech Lead, Java Development in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Tech Lead, Java Development
As part of an exciting, fast-paced environment developing identity verification and security solutions, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Identity Verification platform provides a means to integrate Mastercard acquisitions in the identity space to provide richer, faster, and better ways of bringing collective intelligence together. Expose the capabilities via Mastercard Gateways and enrich Mastercard internal systems with identity data, effectively reducing fraud and friction in the eCommerce payment transactions.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
About the Role
• Architect and provide technical leadership for major new initiatives targeting authentication.
• Analyze and design authentication strategy, roadmaps, and solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources.
• Work closely with other architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners/product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost-effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy
• Estimate and plan new efforts
• Provide technical leadership and support to our business partners specific to emerging authentication technologies and standards
• Establish technical requirements for authentication certification programs
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Web Services – REST/JSON– Advanced Level
• J2EE Web Application/Web Services.
• Advanced Java development skills.
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, Java 1.8/11
• Experience working with highly scalable applications with extremely low latency. Systems with more than 500 TPS and less than 50-millisecond latency.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high performance, high availability transaction processing systems, and multi-tiered web applications
• Experience specifying hardware/software requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web-based platforms
• Experience coaching and mentoring junior and senior team members
• Experience researching, evaluating, and integrating tools and 3rd party products
• Experience leading product demonstrations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience using App Monitoring tools like Dynatrace etc.
• Experience in developing dashboards in Splunk
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Experience with NoSQL databases; ; preferably CosmoDB
• Experience with JBehave / Cucumber/ Spock BDD testing
• Experience with Cloud Foundry / Pivotal Cloud Foundry / Azure
• Experience writing the test scripts in Storm runner
• Experience with tools like Load Runner Cloud /Load Generators
• Ideal candidate must have experience using tools like Jmeter, Gatling, BlazeMeter, Wire Shark.
• Experience in tuning JVM and Java code: GC, Memory utilization, CPU utilization, connection pooling etc.
• Experience with Unix commands (Curl, OpenSSL, memory checks, CPU checks etc.)
• Measuring and fine-tuning end-to-end latency including Network and components within App
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-154137