MasterCard Systems Platform Engineer Intern, Summer 2021 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Engineer Intern, Summer 2021
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The 10-week summer internship program provides emerging talent with hands-on experience in industry, enabling you to make a positive impact in a world beyond cash.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
Are you motivated by meaningful projects and work that touch a global business?
Are you collaborative and driven by delivering measurable results?
If yes, then you’re invited to start something PRICELESS™.
MasterCard Systems Platform Engineering build, implement, and maintain support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analyzing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (eg, middleware, compute & storage).
Specific responsibilities will vary; your experience will include:
• Challenging and meaningful projects
• Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leads
• Volunteer and team building
• Formal performance assessments
• End of summer presentations to peers and Mastercard leadership
All About You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, or a related field with a graduation date of December 2021 or
• Experience developing and maintaining platform and software products
• Participates in supporting an assigned global technology domain initiative, applying an
awareness of global issues, challenges, and priorities
• Experience collaborating with internal partners on routine operational and engineering
• Experience in one or more languages like Ruby or Python, as well as administration of
• You understand the various technologies that power the web (such as NGINX, Varnish,
• Good understanding of Unix / Linux Operating System & hands on with Unix commands &
• Understanding programming languages like Java, Python or Perl & knowledge on Cloud
• You’re passionate about digging into new technologies
• Actively participate in our architectural decision-making process
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114290