MasterCard Systems Platform Engineer - All levels in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Engineer - All levels
• Builds, implements, and maintains support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analyzing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (eg, middleware, compute & storage)
• Develops, builds, and maintains platform technologies and associated software products
• Performs hardware and software implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity; may guide others on implementation and troubleshooting activities
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Drafts and reviews status reports and troubleshooting guides, carrying out project plans to ensure project milestones are met and progress is successfully communicated
• Develops configuration, process, and procedure standards to support moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Recommends and implements business and process improvements to facilitate optimal performance within area of expertise
Hiring for ALL level Systems Platform Engineers
• Successful track record developing and maintaining complex platform solutions
• Actively participates in supporting an assigned global technology domain or sub-domain, providing inputs for areas of expertise
• Active participant in global technical communities (e.g., Tech Leadership Network)
• Experience advising internal partners on moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Successfully contributed to continuous process improvement initiatives and automation activities
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $105,600 - $164,400
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184280