MasterCard Systems Platform Architect Intern, Summer 2021 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Architect Intern, Summer 2021
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The 10-week summer internship program provides emerging talent with hands-on experience in industry, enabling you to make a positive impact in a world beyond cash.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
Are you motivated by meaningful projects and work that touch a global business?
Are you collaborative and driven by delivering measurable results?
If yes, then you’re invited to start something PRICELESS™.
MasterCard Systems Platform Architecture teams develop the core technical platform, capabilities, and services that support business processes by mapping the relationship between IT platform/infrastructure components.
Specific responsibilities will vary; your experience will include:
• Challenging and meaningful projects
• Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leads
• Volunteer and team building
• Formal performance assessments
• End of summer presentations to peers and Mastercard leadership
All About You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in Computer Science or a
related field with a graduation date of December 2021 or later
• Ability to develop relationships and partner with internal customers across development
verticals to support system and platform initiatives
• Experience resolving routine infrastructure architecture issues
• Knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web
• Thorough knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure
design and/or web administration.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, and detail-oriented
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and
collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix
based diverse and geographically distributed project team
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical
• Experience with Windows/Unix/Linux, infrastructure support.
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114293