MasterCard Systems Platform Architect I, Mastercard Launch 2021 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Architect I, Mastercard Launch 2021
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Launch is a full-time graduate development program designed to build the skills we leverage most as an innovator in the payments space, connects employees in enriching ways, and immerses new talent into our Doing Well by Doing Good culture. This program is meant for those who dare to be greater and those who wish to make a real impact in the world.
Eligibility requires degree completion of a bachelors or masters degree in December of 2020 or May 2021.
MasterCard Systems Platform Architecture teams develop the core technical platform, capabilities, and services that support business processes by mapping the relationship between IT platform/infrastructure components.
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid
parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while
encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your
skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program
that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued,
respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s
Corporate Sustainability Report.
• Generating requirements, together with other architects, engineers, application team(s)
and user(s), to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
• Generating products such as TADs, technical documents, logical flows, and models to
keep the user(s), architects and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on
the application, system or platform to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are
maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
• Resolve internet architectural and operational problems impacting infrastructure and
product availability and performance globally.
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet
• May assume lead and total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned;
including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and
• Implement, manage and support internet infrastructure components while leveraging
current standards and best practices.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration
management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all
• Develops and implements maintenance plans to address technical issues, and seeks
opportunities for improvement and efficiency
• Supports complex initiatives and projects to develop and promote target architecture that
supports and enables business strategies
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating
potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
All About You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program majoring in Computer
Science or a related field with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021.
• Ability to develop relationships and partner with internal customers across development
verticals to support system and platform initiatives
• Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar. Ability to
lead customer technical design sessions and capture customer requirements.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web
• Thorough knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure
design and/or web administration.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and
collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix
based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others within a complex, cross-functional
and fast paced organization with globally distributed teams
• Experience with Windows/Unix/Linux, infrastructure support.
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Experience resolving routine infrastructure architecture issues
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114287