MasterCard Sr. Principal Enterprise Architect in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Principal Enterprise Architect
About the job
On the Cloud Platform team, you will be designing Mastercard’s AWS/Azure environment, while using your expertise in coding, analysis and system design. You will be the technical lead for the platform team responsible for managing the underlying infrastructure and providing deployment and infrastructure management solutions for software development and operation teams.
Engage with stakeholders to design AWS/Azure architect solution to meet Mastercard security, operations, and business requirements.
Implement solutions to manage Mastercard’s AWS/Azure infrastructure via code.
Engage and improve the lifecycle of the AWS/Azure platform and platform services -- from design to deployment, operation and refinement.
Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Support production 24/7 environment as part of a global team. Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python or Go.
• Experience with AWS/Azure infrastructure architecture and automation
• Experience with software deployment and configuration automation
• Proven track record designing Cloud infrastructure for large environments (AWS/Azure)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving programming
• Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale systems.
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
• Understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems.
• Ability to create new functionalities via contributions to upstream opensource ecosystems (such as Terraform)
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate or AWS Solutions Architect Professional a plus
• Azure Solutions Architect a plus
• RHCE/RHCA a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106106