MasterCard Sr. Engineer, Business Operations in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Engineer, Business Operations
• Are you motivated to solve complex issues and enhance Customer Experience?
• Do you consider yourself someone who can bridge a gap between customers, technology, and business partners?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving efficiency gains?
• Have you participated in or managed a team of diverse skills and experience?
• Do you enjoy working with numerous teams and building relationships?
• Engage in and improve the life cycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before and after they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Participate and lean Business Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Participate in activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Core Services.
• Implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Business Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core applications
• Share application knowledge and mentoring team members.
All About You
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, SQL, PL SQL, Solaris, AIX, Linux, Python, Go, Git, Jenkins, ALM or Ruby.
• Strong understanding of File Transfer technologies and batch applications
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Strong communication skills required
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills – ability to come up with short and long term solutions to problems
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-74971