MasterCard Sr Eng, Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr Eng, Software Engineer
The MasterCard Commercial Solutions team is engaged in working with new and innovative technologies to build business solutions that keep MasterCard positioned as a leader in providing valued solutions to corporate card holders around the world. We are currently looking for a candidate to meet the following requirements:
Job Overview: Provide support of software applications through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs and is essential to the development and delivery of these solutions to MasterCard’s customers.
Major Accountabilities: Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Responsibilities include the following:
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and future.
• Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices.
• Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
• 3 – 5 years experience in the software engineering field
• Knowledge of common industry standard best programming practices.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decisions
• Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
• Experience in building scalable, maintainable applications
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience using the Agile Methodology
• Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
Technologies & Other Skills
• Java - Minimum 3 - 5 years of exp. working on Java applications
o Understanding of Java Threading model required
o Experience in developing Java multi-threaded applications preferred
• Experience with JEE5 or JEE6,
• Spring - basic knowledge of concepts required, extensive experience preferred
• Hibernate - solid working knowledge required
• Experience documenting detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams
• Experience with the following open-source projects which are now de-facto standards:- Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Jakarta Commons
• Experience with OOAD (Object Orient Analysis & Design)
• Basic knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
• Familiarity with XML and Java based XML parsers
• Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking
• Experience in Database Design, strong knowledge of PL/SQL
• GWT 2.5.1, MGWT and HighCharts working knowledge
• Work experience related to Financial industry
• Experience using the Atlassian tool stack (JIRA, Crucible, Bamboo, etc.)
• Familiarity with architectural concepts such as:
o Enterprise Service Bus
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72434