MasterCard Software Engineer Site Reliability Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer Site Reliability Engineer
Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
• Support a world class marketing, business-to-consumer platform
• Innovate new technologies in the payments space
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of a high performing team delivering solutions in a rapid manner?
• Do you have what it takes to technically own a product and drive a solution to market?
• Ensure services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping a watchful eye on capacity and performance
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Experience with Cloud based Infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
• Experience with PaaS based development such as CloudFoundry, IBM Bluemix, Heroku, etc
• Experience with Micro service management tools/techniques such as Centralized Configuration management and Service Discovery
• Experience with REST and API design
• Experience with advanced performance tooling like Dynatrace & Splunk
• Prior experience with administrating Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Help evaluate new service protocols, self-healing capabilities in a highly distributed enterprise architecture.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-103777