MasterCard Software Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer II
The Data Warehouse program enables business insights for every transaction. Our vision is to provide a secure, scalable, resilient, high performing and multi-tenant global data warehouse allowing consistent data and analytics experiences. We are looking for for a high-energy, detail-oriented Software Development Engineer to help deliver data-driven data pipelines and services following Agile software development principles.
• Develop high quality, secure and scalable data pipelines using Nifi, Spark, Python, Scala within the Hadoop echo system.
• Follow Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems
• Perform assigned tasks and production incident independently
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards andprocesses are in place and actively looking for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience building data pipelines into the Data Warehouse using Nifi
• Experience working in the Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, and Spark)
• Solid experience on RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) working with complex SQL/PL SQL
• Strong communications skills – both verbal and written
• Experience working within an Agile team structure
• Experience navigating Unix environment
• Experience with Unix Shell script programming
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106482