MasterCard Software Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II
The Decision Management team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to execute on our regression test strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and testing, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an ability to drive and introduce improvements to our existing regression test coverage and strategy.
In this position, you will:
· Play a crucial part in a technical test role to help drive Quality and to build, implement and execute tests, automation improvements and reporting for our regression release cycle.
· Collaborate closely with our test teams to enhance our existing software testing processes.
· Partner with integration testers, SETs and development teams to improve and automate test and release processes.
· Help make Quality an integral part of the development process.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
· Experience in core Java programming for test automation and the ability to identify, write and execute automated tests.
· Have knowledge and skills in test fundamentals and methodologies.
· Be experienced in working with development and release teams.
· Have the ability to understand complex systems and to identify and design automated and manual test scenarios to strengthen existing test coverage.
· Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
· Test analysis and reporting ability.
· Ideally, QAI, ISTQB or ASTQB qualified
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147133