MasterCard Software Engineer II-1 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II-1
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you is right in your pocket! Digital Identity is a digital wallet for holding personally identifiable information, such as Driver's License and Passport. Digital Identity ensures you are in control of your information and will only release it upon your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset, and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Java developer for major new initiatives targeting Digital Identity Solutions
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development, and delivery of software solutions
• Define requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices
• Work closely with architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams to deliver solutions
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
• Review deployment documents and quality metrics for releases
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• Hands on Experience with Agile, SAFe, Scrum, and related methodologies
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and Agile related tools like Rally and Confluence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Advanced Java development skills
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate and Spring
• Experience working with Junit/Mockito/Spring Test
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Experience mentoring providing technical support to junior team members
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Basic security knowledge (e.g. TLS, Encryption, hashing)
• Knowledge of Azure and/or PCF
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184301