MasterCard Software Engineer I in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer I
Software Development Engineer In Test II:
• Software Development Engineer In Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Fraud Products team (part of O&T) is developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers and architects to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Work as a member of an agile team to design, build, test, and deploy new products and features
• Responsible for the day-to-day software automation development efforts including requirements analysis, design, development, test planning, and test execution
• Participates in feature/story elaboration, Identify and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and resolves production issues for single application
• Documents functional/integration test strategies and test plans; translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Create comprehensive and well-structured test cases for all test types in scope
• Design automated tests for features
• Troubleshoot defects to resolution and closure
• Ensure test assets are kept up to date and continually evaluated against test objectives (maintain all testing assets)
• Execute automated test suites against the released version of the application with a goal of maintaining 100% test stability
• Support the release process by executing and maintaining test suites for smoke, sanity, regression and operational validation.
• Independently apply problem solving skills to identify symptoms and root causes of issues
All About You:
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science/ Technical Degree or related equivalent experience.
• Ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic, agile environment
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Should have good knowledge on Java, OOPS, Selenium WebDriver, API Testing
• Experience using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG
• Experience with testing SOAP/REST web APIs.
• Working knowledge of DB2 and/or other relational databases
• Excellent knowledge of QA principles within SDLC
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147200