MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test-2
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Do you have experience integrating new and emerging technologies into existing environments as technologies evolve and demands change? Are you eager to work with open source software and be exposed to the fast-paced world of Big Data technology? In this role, you can make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Quality Engineer role is responsible for working with teams across the company to implement new data solutions while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for assessing and testing technologies and approaches for ingestion, transformation and storage. In addition, you’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way MasterCard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Maintain and build new Jenkins pipelines to support CI/CD processes
• Leverage container build and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Pivotal Cloud Foundry to deploy and perform testing at scale
• Create new frameworks and tools to automate backend, API, REST, and big data testing
• Author and maintain automated API, data stream, and back end tests
• Perform system and integration tests on Java, Spring, Hadoop, Spark and Kafka technologies
• Create and verify relational (SQL), big data (HBase), and non-relational (Redis, Mongo) data sets
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of software development
• Participate in all aspects of the Agile process to include story pointing, attending elaboration
sessions and creating acceptance criteria.
• Assist project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with Development Leads, Project Manager and Senior
Management throughout the life cycle of the project.
All About You
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122977