MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you lead a team to drive the creation of test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• While being an able leader, also love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
Deliver high-quality business and functional requirements to the Quality Engineering teams for the purpose of completing the design, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle. Provide leadership and quality assurance for the business analyst team. Provide subject matter expertise to take on more complex projects individually or through coordination skills with other analysts.
Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
Help develop frameworks and configurations; reviews analysis to ensure adherence to quality standards
Supports quality/test strategy creation, testing, and automation
Develops and executes test plans for a single application; independently generates test data and recognizes test environment preparation needs
Participates in project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections; conducts test reviews for plans, requirements, cases, and automation
Raises process improvement opportunities, defines and implements simple automation efforts, and documents automated testing solutions
Help with designs and codes test automation solutions for user journeys with Test and Development team using different testing framework, including but not limited to Rest Assured and in-house developed Java framework.
Knowledge of different programing language including C++ or Linux experience a plus.
Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
May manage smaller project/initiatives as an experienced individual contribute with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline;
May assists in the evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES
Experience in advanced code development, quality review software development, and automation frameworks
Successfully developed high quality test strategies and text execution; recognized test environment preparation needs
Experience in agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools, unit and integration testing, and data virtualization tools
Demonstrated ability to communicate application level directions across departments
Some experience coordinating components of small-scale projects; demonstrates understanding of project management
Successfully follows MasterCard quality standards, processes and tools during customer interactions
Gains exposure to business and report writing
Demonstrated ability to navigate the organization to find internal resources and tools
Introduction to product development and process analysis
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141685