MasterCard Software Development Engineer II, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II, Software Engineering
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
The Fraud Products Platform Engineering & Strategy team develops new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. This Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. The Fraud Products Platform Development Senior Software Engineer will provide expertise for developing new platform capabilities for the heart of this high volume transaction processing system, web applications for managing fraud solutions and fraud events, web services for exposing capabilities to customers, and vendor applications for business rules management and fraud scoring.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software
• Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and
• Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in
resolving incidents and problem tickets.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology,
Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required. Advanced knowledge of Object-oriented design and programming in Java, J2EE.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Ability to assess existing application code and remediate performance type issues and rewrite any part of the code that deviates with best practices
• Business Rules Management/Decision Management such as IBM Operational
Decision Manager (ODM - formerly ILOG) or JBoss Drools
• Extreme Performance or NoSQL Data Storage such as GemFire Object Grid, Terracotta, or Cassandra
• Database experience including Oracle and advanced SQL scripting
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-116672