MasterCard Software Development Engineer II - Java in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Development Engineer II - Java
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing cloud-native authentication and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space. This position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services that are simple, secure and scalable.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does online authentication today?
• Have you ever brought a cloud-enabled product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• An IT professional responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing, including design, developing, planning, management, maintenance and support for major new initiatives targeting cloud-based identity authentication solutions.
• Analyze and design cloud-native authentication strategy, roadmaps and distributed solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Deploy cloud services and further your cloud understanding and technology.
• Work closely with other Enterprise Security Solutions architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology, security, infrastructure and operations organizations.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards, industry security standards, and achieve business requirements.
• Estimate and plan new efforts.
• Satisfy technical requirements for authentication certification programs.
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• Proficient experience of software development in distributed environments.
• Cloud/edge computing or cloud migration experience on popular platforms highly preferred.
• Experience in building applications using the Twelve-Factor App pattern highly preferred.
• Background in building or designing Web services – REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP.
• Java EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & WebSphere.
Professional experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Open Source technologies. Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems:
• Ability to design, build, and run complex systems for public cloud deployment.
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high scalable, high performance, high availability real-time transaction processing systems, and multi-tiered web applications.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Experience specifying hardware/software/infrastructure requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi task from high-level direction.
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Oracle & PL/SQL o Solaris/UNIX & Red Hat Linux.
• Streaming services, crypto technologies, latency and fault tolerance technologies
• Tools including Git, Jira, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo and Jenkins
• Secure Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, Sonar and OWASP vulnerabilities
• Source Control tools - Bitbucket
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-93941