MasterCard Software Development Engineer II-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II-2
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Mastercard on the global credit card authorization team. The system facilitates billions of transactions among issuers, acquirers, and service providers. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about development with constant focus on quality.
• Develop high quality maintainable C code that meets engineering standards
• Ensure stories are completed within the iteration timeline
• Create comprehensive C++ unit tests that prove code changes correctly meet the requirements
• Partner with testers to functional test
• Review other engineer’s code and design to help improve quality
• Complete design detail for stories assigned
• Actively participate in team requirement elaboration sessions
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a fast paced environment
All About You
• Proficient in an object oriented language (C++ preferred)
• Proficient in a scripting language (shell script preferred)
• Experience creating unit tests and knowledge of unit testing framework (Junit or Google Test)
• Experience developing on Linux operating systems
• Experience developing in a team environment with a source control tool (Git/Bitbucket preferred)
• Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142161