MasterCard Software Development Engineer I in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer I
Job Overview: Support software engineering by developing high quality, secure and scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications in an agile work environment
• Developer to plan, design technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Work closely with Technical Lead, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Proactively learn innovative technologies.
All about you
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
• Key Technology Focus Areas: Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Micro services, Web services, JPA, Spring, Angular, PCF, Maven/Gradle, SAML, Bitbucket, Jenkins and C#
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
• Strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation
• Able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123940