MasterCard Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering) in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering)
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
As a Software Development Engineer (Data Engineering) in Enterprise Data Solution (EDS), you will have the opportunity to build high performance data pipelines to load into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customers provide answer to their business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
• Participant medium-to-large size data engineering projects
• Discover, ingest, and incorporate new sources of real-time, streaming, batch, and API-based data into our platform to enhance the insights we get from running tests and expand the ways and properties on which we can test
• Assist business in utilizing data-driven insights to drive growth and transformation.
• Build and maintain data processing workflows feeding Mastercard analytics domains.
• Facilitate reliable integrations with internal systems and third-party API's as needed.
• Support data analysts as needed, advising on data definitions and helping them derive meaning from complex datasets.
• Work with cross functional agile teams to drive projects through full development cycle.
• Help the team improve with the usage of data engineering best practices.
• Collaborate with other data engineering teams to improve the data engineering ecosystem and talent within Mastercard.
All About You
• At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service based organization
• Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
• Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
• Additional experience of building data pipelines through Spark with Scala/Python/Java on Hadoop is preferred
• Experience of working on Nifi will be an added advantage
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-107180