MasterCard Senior Technical Writer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Writer
Senior Technical Writer
The Senior Technical Writer is a member of a dynamic team responsible for delivery of technical content and publications regarding products and services for Mastercard’s business customers. The Senior Technical Writer will be focused on creating and delivering digital content such as release notes, user guides and API developer references for specific product offerings, performing all stages of processes to publish technical content in online, mobile, and printed formats.
• Do you enjoy working on a customer focused team which interfaces with business partners across the globe?
• Are you passionate about technology and finding new ways of doing things that challenge the status quo?
• Do you enjoy finding new solutions for delivering digital content?
•Accountable for the successful completion of high-quality projects within the technical writing function
• Create, organize and update API, Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA) based, XML, and other emerging content management technologies according to information model and markup guidelines
• Partner with developers using Agile methodology to construct API developer tools and technical content to ensure consistency of language and product references
•Ensure updates are made to content in accordance to writing standards
• Manage day-to-day writing and publishing needs to deliver content online for consumption through multiple channels including Web and mobile
• Serve as a subject matter expert capable of independently resolving most issues while keeping senior leaders informed of any potential risk
• Collaborate with internal resources and business partners to drive the design of a content framework that meets end user requirements and increases reusability of content through profiling, topic reuse, relationship tables, and Ditamaps
• Establish and communicate standards for information types, structures, and assembly so that content is organized logically with the end-user in mind
• Lead projects/initiatives as an individual contributor
• Provide architectural and technical guidance to less experienced team members
All About You:
• Advanced experience with Markdown and HTML syntax and concepts
• Experience with oXygen, IxiaSoft, XML Author and other XML management tools
• Experience or familiarity with XML, PDF, HTML, DITA, OTK, XSLT and XSL-FO
• Taxonomy knowledge
• Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, accountability, and empowerment to drive results
• Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
• Technologically savvy, spearheading innovation through ingenuity, creativity, and thoughtful risks
• Adaptable to dynamic change and ambiguity thriving in a fast-paced environment
• Team player, ability to interact and consult with all levels throughout the organization to cultivate and expand partnerships
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-177426