MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager in our Operations and Technology organization, you’ll bring your expertise with conceptualizing, coordinating and driving technology projects, and coaching Agile practices in high-performing, self-organizing development teams. We’re building a global B2B platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the projects you lead for Mastercard will deliver software operating at massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability.
This role will support our Payments Network division to assist the development team responsible for building the next Mastercard Physical Edge platform.
• Dive as deep as you want into the tech stack, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems.
• Contribute to the strategies, design choices, and even the cloud infrastructure necessary to build comprehensive and achievable execution plans to deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers.
• Drive the execution of an initiative that may span multiple teams and integrations, reporting meaningful status along the way.
• Coach your teams on self-organization and working effectively cross-functionally.
• Remove impediments and escalate obstacles for your teams.
• Coordinate with the product owner on priorities to maximize business value.
• Facilitate team events including grooming, planning, demo and retrospective meetings.
All About You:
• You operate with independence and autonomy.
• You have experience defining and building cloud-native services at scale with a deep understanding of the service’s capabilities and underlying technologies.
• You have experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs using Agile delivery models (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• You have a track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams.
• You can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers.
• You can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
• You have experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization.
• You are a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with experience in SAFe or Scrum@Scale practices, and have worked in large-scale team environments.
• You thrive in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, CI/CD, Microservice APIs, and DevOps
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121663