MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Mastercard Builders’ Tools team in Mastercard’s Architecture & Technology division is leading the way to deliver a great experience for our developers around the globe. We are doing this by providing consistent and standardized tooling to support the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software design, development, testing, and delivery. Builders’ Tools make it easy to develop, test, and build software in any environment, providing the same experience for all software engineers across Mastercard.
As a Technical Program Manager in Architecture and Technology organization, you’ll bring your expertise with conceptualizing, coordinating, driving technology projects, and coaching Agile practices in high-performing, self-organizing development teams. We’re bringing operational stability and resiliency to the existing toolset to Mastercard's software builders with services that are '’always-on’' and a software development lifecycle (SDLC) that '’just works’'. As an internal program, the projects you lead will improve the productivity of Mastercard’s global software engineering community with a focus on security and resiliency.
• Contribute to the strategies, design choices, and infrastructure necessary to build comprehensive believable, and achievable execution plans to deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers
• Proactively manage and drive the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the engineering team across the portfolio in our scrum execution model
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Drive clarity into technical implementation by driving design discussion with the team
• Provide business context to engineers as required and competently represent your team's systems to others both inside and outside the organization
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing delivery approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
• Negotiate features and associated priority and help the team and their customers reach consensus
• Collaborate with engineering managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and establish delivery milestones
• Figure out the sequencing of the work so that engineering execution can be optimized
• Identify blocking issues and manage their resolution
• Ensure Control teams from Legal, InfoSec, etc. participate in the application’s development and deployment efforts as required
• Manage project communications, and may be the first point of contact for the team
• Run effective meetings
• Clearly articulate scope, timelines, dependencies, owners, actions, risks, and mitigations
• Own project communications and ensure the right information about the status of a project is delivered to the right audience at the right time
• Have good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
All About You:
• You operate with independence and autonomy.
• You have experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs using Agile delivery models (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• You have a track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams.
• You can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers.
• You can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
• You have experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization.
• You thrive in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• Huge plus if you have expertise in DevOps Tooling, CI/CD, and Infrastructure
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• Technical program delivery experience including time in Software and Infrastructure delivery
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132307