MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Web Platform Engineering team is responsible for the automation, build and configuration of mission critical middleware infrastructure for all web based applications and services at MasterCard. Our team of Engineers are engaged early in the project lifecycle to ensure, along with other vital teams, that the technical design, the final build and configuration of the web infrastructure meets MasterCard's requirements for speed to market, security, sizing, performance, and resiliency.
• Do you enjoy building mission critical middleware infrastructure?
• Do you have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results?
• Are you passionate about delivering quality?
• Build and implementation of new middleware components such as JBoss, Tomcat, F5 (BIG-IP), Webseal/ISAM, Apache, etc.
• Collaborate with Development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve application and usability issues and suggest to engage the Technology Engineer for any new requirements which are not defined in standard architecture design document (TAD).
• Document installation and configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition as well as maintaining this documentation.
• Implement complex security integration utilizing MSSL, mutual authentication, hardware certificates, software certificates, dynamic endpoints, and other security models.
• Participate in the project's environment shakedown testing and troubleshooting efforts as required.
• Responsible for creating operational support document
All About You
• Advanced knowledge of Internet architecture and project delivery
• Experience with J2EE application servers JBoss and Tomcat
• Experience with Web Server Apache
• Experience with ISAM/WebSeal is a plus
• Intermediate knowledge of load balancers and web application firewalls
• Knowledge of network and operating system principles
• Knowledge of automation using Chef and Jenkins is a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Detail oriented
• 24 x 7 on-call rotational support when needed
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170987