MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer
• Platform Services Mainframe is a team of mainframe system programmers that install, maintain and support the mainframe infrastructure for MasterCard.
• Platform Services Mainframe interacts with many internal development and operations teams to support the MasterCard core applications and customer file transfers.
• This job requires a Mainframe Systems Programmer especially familiar with IBM z/Architecture and z/OS.
• This job actively participates in planning the direction and implementation of data processing software as they relate primarily to mainframe operating system and related systems software. It includes configuring, installing, maintaining and supporting infrastructure software mostly related to mainframe.
• Other primary responsibilities include installing, configuring and updating software. Specifically BMC MainView Suite.
• Have you installed z/OS operating system software?
• Have you worked with z/OS third party products (specifically Compuware & BMC products)?
• Have you regularly supported other development and operations teams with implementations and issues?
• Install, monitor and maintain operating system software and other third party products.
• Provide Level 2 problem determination in regards to mainframe operating system and third party software issues.
• Complete status reports, implementations, troubleshooting and maintain project plans as required.
• Provide technical assistance to Operations teams and development programmers to facilitate independent utilization of new and existing software. Assist with diagnosis of issues as reported through our incident / problem tracking tool.
• Accurately document duties and procedures to aid the department in cross-training and absentee coverage. Complete audit requirements on a monthly and quarterly basis by verifying software releases and implementations.
• Support business disaster recovery procedures or fail over testing for assigned areas of responsibility. Prepare and coordinate appropriate training to data center staff.
All About You
• Extended experience in mainframe z/OS Systems Programming.
• Strong inter-personal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work with vendors, internal departments and management.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and completely.
• Solid understanding and experience with communications server in a z/OS mainframe environment.
• Experience with third party vendor products (Compuware, BMC) a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with BMC monitoring tools a plus.
• Ability to install, support and diagnose third party software.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128814