MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer
Job Title: Senior System Platform Engineer
MasterCard is looking for a dynamic and motivated network and security engineer in support of a unique line of business within MasterCard that is rapidly expanding. Our team is responsible for the end-to-end health and availability of the infrastructure, as well as building out the next generation of services to support the business. This is a complex environment that will prove to be a challenging, exciting and rewarding experience.
• Provide network and security data center engineering for unique line of business with MasterCard. This includes:
• Engineering support for new and existing customers
• Maintain health, availability and oversight of the data center infrastructure and customer connectivity
• Troubleshoot complex network issues within the data center and in support of a growing base of customers
• Provide data center support for other initiatives as the need arises
• Technical lead on network projects to design solutions that meet business goals, regulatory and security policies, and management of the implementation as related to design, functionality, and time frames
• Develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing MasterCard networks in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth
• Participate in vendor management initiatives to review vendor performance metrics, analysis on current and next generation hardware and software products, and define configuration “standards” for MasterCard implementations.
• Research and develop innovative solutions around unified network solutions supporting end-to-end services
• Collaborative communications with business owners, internal departments and external vendors to develop requirements and solutions that meet all impacted parties expectations
• Responsible for estimating project requirements as related to labor hours, hardware and software needs, and vendor pricing
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hands-on experience configuring, implementing and administering network devices
Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, firewall & load balancing
Advanced knowledge of Cisco hardware/platforms including configuration and troubleshooting
Advanced knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls (other firewall products a plus)
Advanced knowledge monitoring and troubleshooting complex production applications
Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, standards and technical diagrams
Ability to adapt in a fast pace environment
A self-starter with the ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
Limited supervision; work may be reviewed for direction and strategy
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-107096